I really like texture, be it in food, fabrics or paper crafting. The All Squared Away stamps gives you four squares of texture and 5 great sentiments, and coordinates with the Floral Squares Dies. I did a variation of one of the card ideas in the Annual Catalogue. I hope you like it. I didn’t end up using the Stamps, other than for the sentiment, but I’m anxious to give them some play time in the near future.
1. Since I was making several cards for my swaps, I cut a full sheet of card stock, and cut a 4-1/2″ strip off one of the 8 1/2″ side, then trimmed the other piece to to 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 and score at 4-1/4″. Repeat with all four of the different colours of card stock. If you’re only making one or two cards, you can just use a scrap of each colour, large enough to accommodate each die.
2. Layer the four dies on the 4-1/2″ piece and cut one of each of the four dies. Repeat with the other three colours of card stock. Then – cut 2 sets of each die out of Basic White.
4. Emboss a 4 x 5-1/4″ piece of Basic White card stock with the Tasteful Texture Embossing folder, or an embossing folder of your choice.
5. Layer your embossed Basic White card onto the card base. In this case it’s Soft Succulent. Then, layer your four different die cuts onto the embossed piece. I layered mine a little closer to the top so I could put a sentiment on the bottom, but when I was making my prototype, I had the squares more centred and put my sentiment across the centre on a diagonal. The choice is yours, of course. I used a 3/4″ strip of Basic White card stock and Smokey Slate ink for my sentiment but you could definitely use a punch or die cut if you had them. Don’t forget to embellish with your favourite gems. I used the 2021-2023 In-colour gems on some of them and the Elegant Faceted Gems on the rest.
6. Don’t forget the inside of your card and the envelope. I often leave out the sentiments on the inside (and sometimes the outside) so that I can personalize it when I need a specific card, such as birthday, anniversary, sympathy etc., but you definitely need a little “something” inside to complete the look. And…. no naked envelops.
I didn’t feel that the texture stamps from the All Squared Away Stamp set was the look I was after, so I used the single flower from the Colour and Contour stamp set on the inside of the card and the envelope.
Remember to use the July Host Code KE42GTUU to be entered into the draw at the end of the month for a little thank you gift from me.
ABOUT THE KIT
Name The Adventure Begins
- Contains enough supplies to create twelve cards and coordinating envelopes.
- Card size: 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” (10.8 x 14cm)
- Envelope size: 4-1/2” x 5-3/4” (11.4 x 14.6 cm)
- Comes with a Stampin’ Spot plus an exclusive Stamp Set.
- Includes inspirational sentiments and adventure-themed imagery featuring these nature-inspired coordinating colors: Basic Black, Basic White, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso, Flirty Flamingo, Garden Green, Granny Apple Green, Mango Melody, Night of Navy.
It’s time for a new adventure in your creative journey. You’ll find it here! This month’s kit features a new layering technique that is impressive, but still very doable. You’ve got this!
Subscribe to the July 2021 Paper Pumpkin Kit between 11 June and 10 July at paperpumpkin.com!
Note: Supplies may be limited toward the end of the subscription period.